Friday, June 11, 2010

Intermediate Photos...

I took several photos of the track painting progress, mainly because I was in the train room with the camera taking pictures of another project for a future post.  The photos are not too exciting other than to document some progress!  

The basic equipment I am using: a variety of brushes of varying sizes, flat black paint, and a working surface to keep things in order and to protect the layout.

After painting and a day of drying time, I go back over the painted track with a Bright Boy to clean the top of the rails being careful not to clean the guide rails in the turnouts.



This photos shows the mainline and passing siding at Walnut, Illinois.  In the foreground is the spur to Standard Oil and L.D. Spaulding Grain.


Check back for future updates and more pictures!
Happy Railroading,
Scott


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [Let's try that again]

    Scott,

    I'm trying out your idea of painting the track by hand on my track. I'm using railroad tie brown instead of black. I think I like painting the rail by hand better than with an airbrush. Then again, I probably would not like it if I had a lot of track to paint!!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, if I had more track, I would opt for the airbrush method... but as it goes I am making forward progress!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete