Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Current Project

Recently, I have been working on painting the track.  I decided that this would be a great project that I can do as time allows.  I also decided not to airbrush the track, which was my original plan.  Instead, I am using flat black paint I had on hand and I am brushing it on.  My idea was to eliminate the glossy plastic look of the Atlas flextrack.  While it is true that most railroad tracks are a brown/gray color, I reason (and since it is my RR I can) that since only one train a day (maybe two) run the line, that these tracks are less than well maintained and therefore are black.  Engines leak oil/fuel on ties that have not been replaced in years!  Besides, once the ballast is down, the remaining scenery is in place, and the trains are rolling along, who looks at the track?  My ultimate goal for this railroad is to build a model that will help me simulate rail operations.  I am not interested in building a model where I can count the number of rivets on a boxcar.

I have the town of Walnut, Illinois done and I am working east.  I will post some pictures soon!
Happy Railroading,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment