Friday, February 5, 2016

Early February 2016 Update


I have been working on the railroad as time allows.  Some recent projects include, weathering rolling stock and locomotives, building structures, and working toward completion of the base layer of scenery.  I am amazed that a little bit of work on scenery can so drastically change the look of the layout!  I guess I have been seeing pink foam for so long, that any little change is a welcome change!

A couple of recent photos show some of the changes...




Recently added DCC Throttle Pockets... in lieu of sticky-back Velcro, which can be temporary at times and allow throttles to fall to the floor!










 Various photos of some base scenery work underway.









Happy Railroading!
Scott

5 comments:

  1. Scott,
    Great work there on the Scenic section of your Layout- certainly lifts the spirits from the pink foam. Have joined your site - and look forward to following your progress. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kev,
    Thank you for your kind words. Working on the railroad happens occasionally, when I can find time. Other commitments (family & work) seem to occupy my time and the railroad just isn't a priority. With winter beginning, I am hoping to be able to spend more time in the train room. Come to think of it, I should start by making a list of projects that need to be started/completed.... otherwise I will be overwhelmed with so much to do and so little time!
    Take Care,
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott,
      I know how you feel regarding Work & Family commitments- in my previous Factory- Industrial employment I worked 12 hour Shifts -waking at 4:00am and getting back home at 7:00pm Mon-Friday...hours at work were 66 hours per week with a half-Saturday and on my feet all day...yet I found an hour here and there to do some modelling- not much, but a bit- I looked forward to Sunday being free. Yes, it is the way to go to chip away at a favourite Project and gradually get it completed- one step at a time. I'm Retired now- and can basically spend as much time as needed on the Model Railroading...it IS a great time in life now- and appreciate every moment. Regards. KEV.

      Delete
  3. Hi SCOTT,
    How about an update on the Burlington Route - it has been 10 Months since your last published news of the Layout...just hope everything is OK there....Best Wishes. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey KEV,
    Thanks for the shout out. I will try to post an update with photos in the near future. My modeling time has been limited lately. I am actually in the midst of a deep cleaning on the train room. Straightening up some things and tossing a lot in the trash! My goal is to get things in order and also remind myself of exactly what I have! Stay tuned for more!
    Happy railroading!
    Scott

    ReplyDelete